Direct access to content




University Paris-Est Crteil (UPEC) > Daily life

Daily life

  • Pdf
  • Print page
  • Send to a friend
  • Share

Obtaining the residence permit

Residence permitAll students coming to France from a country outside the European Union undertaking a stay of more than three months duration must request a residence permit (unless other special conditions apply). This card will be validated by the prefecture or sub-prefecture in which your residence is located.
> More


AccomodationAre you looking for somewhere to live ?
There are several ways to seek help.
> More

Working in France

Working in FranceWorking to top up your funds when you are a student is very common. Working part-time in France will not allow you to cover all of your expenses, but it is a useful top-up. It's important !
> More

Digital services

The university offers the student a considerable range of digital communications and learning tools.
> More

University restaurants

University restaurants are open to students enrolled at UPEC university.
> More

Cost of living

Cost of livingYou must prepare an accurate budget of your expenses in France. Be aware that Paris is one of the most expensives cities in Europe : the rent is particularly high.
> More

Scholarships / financial assistance

Scholarships exist on an annual and renewable basis along with rapid assistance for students in short-term difficulty.
> More

Student health

Find more informations about the university preventive medicine and health promotion department and UPEC’s university health network (RESUS).
In France, individual welfare cover is compulsory for all students aged 18 years or over.
> More


TransportsUPEC university is accessible in public transport : métro, bus, RER...
> More


The central documentation service is made up of 7 integrated libraries.
> More

Date of update March 2, 2016

Université Paris 12 Université Paris-Est

Université Paris-Est Créteil Val de Marne

61, avenue du Général de Gaulle
94010 Créteil Cedex France